I’m always impressed by Scott Jaschik and Doug Lederman’s candid depiction of the state of teaching and technology in higher education. As Inside Higher Ed’s editors, they provided an overview of why teaching means more than ever (about time!) in this one hour webinar about innovations in teaching. Here are my tweets from the webinar:
- Agree that it is finally no longer acceptable to just be a content expert, “innovations in learning to teach” is critical to HE.
- Faculty should be rewarded for innovative teaching & it needs to count towards promotion and tenure in research universities.
- Agree that new modes of delivery and technology are having a positive impact on teaching innovation.
- Agree that GREAT teaching is happening at all levels – not just elite institutions. Good teaching needs to be rewarded!
- No innovation in higher education teaching is going to happen without faculty buy-in.
- Learning to teach online is having a positive impact on the quality of teaching in ALL courses at DU. Teaching Online Workshop
Search #IHEteaching for more tweets. If you missed the webinar, I definitely recommend checking it out.